Grief Therapy in Milwaukee
Our Grief Counselors help teens and adults to take you beyond your initial reactions to the loss and get to the place where you can live with the loss in a healthy way.
A loss of a loved one can feel dark, heavy, and empty. Most people who start Grief Counseling feel lost in life, unsure of how to find their way. Perhaps you can relate. Maybe your days are blurring together, or you are unmotivated to do anything in your free time. Maybe you feel numb and disconnected from others.
Stuck in negativity and feeling hopeless, you may feel like life is exhausting. You may be angry that others are moving on like nothing has happened.
Do You Feel Sad, Empty, Guilty?
Do any of the following resonate with you?
- Your energy levels are at an all-time low.
- You feel unable to do your day-to-day responsibilities.
- You wake up every morning feeling overwhelmed and depressed.
If these sound true for you, we want you to know that many of our clients have shared that it was difficult for them to come into grief counseling. But getting the help you need is a sign of strength and will help you manage the stuff that comes up in your life. You feel like you should be able to move through grief on your own. You don't have to, and grief is not something one should carry on their own. You deserve to have the time and space to grieve.
Grief Counseling Can Help You Feel Like Your Real Self Again
It's possible to feel better. Imagine a life where you could...
- learn insights from the loss
- experience the loss in a context of meaning
- find new hope and purpose
- develop the courage to invest in new relationships
- create a new self-identity based on life without the loved one
Examine roles and restructuring of relationships
Grief Counseling helps you rise above your challenges and move towards your ideal life with less suffering and more fulfillment.
First, you need to find your way through complicated feelings and situations and move through difficult life experiences.
Even if you are not usually comfortable opening up to people, grief counseling may be able to help.
Grief counseling aims to help you overcome the pain that connotes one's death. Grief therapists at Shoreside Therapies have helped clients find ways to honor their loved ones. We've helped clients move through past regrets of the relationship. Our Grief counselors have helped people look toward the future with renewed purpose.
At Shoreside Therapies, we have Grief Counselors who are here to help.
How Grief Counseling Works
Grief Counseling consists of 45-minute, one-on-one sessions that help you work through your concerns. In addition to listening, our Grief Counselors will provide guidance based on their experience; We play an active role. Here's how it will work step-by-step:
- First, we provide a safe, accepting space so that you will feel comfortable sharing your struggles with me.
- Through hearing your story, we will start to get a picture of what your challenges are with the loss you experienced.
- We will start with helping you with immediate concerns like managing difficult emotions and challenging life situations
- We will also work to discover what your goals are in therapy.
- Keeping your unique goals in mind, we'll figure out what's needed to help you reach them
- Throughout our sessions, you will start progressing towards your desired life.
Grief Counseling is a therapy that doesn't want you to get over the loved one who just passed away. Instead, the goal is to honor the loved one and deal with the complicated feelings of loss. Grief Counseling helps handle these difficult emotions to help you move on in life. In addition, it can help you let go of what's holding you back.
Let's Get Started Today
Ready to start feeling better? If you feel lost in life on some level, unsure of how to find your way, Grief Counseling could help.
Start now and take you beyond your initial reactions to the loss and get to a place where you can live with the loss in a healthy way. Then, during your first appointment, you can start getting a feel for how I can help, and we can discuss the next steps.